The SME Talent Programme (STP) offers up to 70% funding support to help you defray the cost of the monthly stipend when you engage students through internships.
SMEs are eligible for up to 70% funding support to defray the cost of the internship stipend. Here is the minimum amount you should pay interns:
At least S$800 a month for ITE and polytechnic students
At least S$1,000 a month for university students.
SMEs should meet the following criteria:
- At least 30% local shareholding
- Group annual turnover of up to S$100 million OR group employment size of up to 200 workers
- Offer potential career opportunities with a clear job description and career progression path
- Possess sound Human Resource processes
- Willing to participate in Enterprise Singapore’s Human Resource Maturity Diagnostics (HRMD) to facilitate future capability upgrading